Debate – Patient Aware of the Healthcare System 07/08/2020
On Friday, August 7 this year, at 12.00, together with the Institute of Consciousness Foundation, we would like to invite you to take part in an expert debate organised with the participation of patient and senior organizations. The subject of the meeting will be “Patient Aware of the Healthcare System”
The debate will be attended by:
- prof. dr hab. Paweł Czarnecki, MBA, dr h.c. – Provost of Collegium Humanum
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Robert Gil, Director of the Invasive Cardiology Clinic of the Central Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of Interior Affairs and Administration in Warsaw, Director of WCCI Warsaw
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Marcin Kurzyna, Clinic of Pulmonary Circulation, Thromboembolic Diseases and Cardiology at Medical Center of Postgraduate Education, European Health Centre in Otwock
- Michał Modro, from the Law Office, Economy and Health – Modro sp.k.
- Małgorzata Piekarska, Member of the Council of Conscious Experts of the Institute of Patient Awareness
- prof. dr hab. n. med. Wojciech Zgliczyński, Deputy Clinical Director at Bielański Hospital
The coronavirus pandemic is one of the most serious challenges faced by today’s patients who have to deal with their constant illnesses on a daily basis resulting in job loss, social exclusion or dependence. During a pandemic like this, it is the seniors and people suffering from chronic diseases who are most at risk of severe complications of virus infections and even the loss of health and life. They feel lost, as a result, and very often they do not know their rights and are in a position with no regular contact with their doctor who would provide them with care and a sense of security.
Our debate is to be a platform for discussion and dialogue between the community of decision-makers, doctors, healthcare providers and representatives of the healthcare system – a place to confront opinions, learn about our mutual goals and priorities, as well as an opportunity to develop a common position that will initiate specific social and systemic actions afterwards.
During the debate, we will discuss various issues including patient challenges in the healthcare system as well as its legal, social and economic aspects. We will also talk about patients with chronic diseases, which are rare in times of epidemics. We will also take care of seniors and patients with multiple diseases.
Representatives from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy, representatives of the public administration of the healthcare system, leading authorities in medicine in Poland, experts in the field of health economics and leaders of patient and senior organizations were invited to participate in the debate.
The meeting will be chaired by Ewelina Zych-Mył, President of the Institute of Awareness Foundation and an expert when it comes to communication in health care.