Krzysztof Cugowski becomes Honorary Professor of Collegium Humanum
Professor Krzysztof Cugowski is a co-founder and a longtime vocalist of the Polish rock band Budka Suflera. He has recorded twelve studio albums with it, including Nothing Hurts Like Life, which sales exceeded a million copies (an unbeatable sales record in the history of the Polish phonography). He performed with the band at Carnegie Hall in New York. Throughout his career, he has collaborated with Ray Wilson, Gary Brooker and Garou. He has also performed with his sons Wojciech, Piotr and Krzysztof Jr.
In 2005, he became a member of the Honorary Support Committee of Lech Kaczyński in the run-up to the presidential elections. In the same year, in the general elections, he obtained the mandate of a senator of Law and Justice party (the 6th term of office of the Parliament) in his Lublin constituency.
He has received numerous decorations and awards, including:
- Knight’s Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta (for outstanding services to Polish culture, for achievements in artistic and creative work)
- Gold Medal “For Merit to Culture Gloria Artis”
- Silver Medal “For Merit to Culture Gloria Artis”
- The title of the Ambassador of the Lubelskie Voivodeship
- Medal of the President of the City of Lublin
- Angelus Lubelski Award
- Fryderyk ’97 Award in the singer of the year category
- Play-Box ’99 Award in the singer of the year category
- Superjedynka Award at the National Festival of
- Polish Songs – Opole 2001 in the singer category.
The title of Honorary Professor of Collegium Humanum is the highest academic title awarded by our University. The title of Honorary Professor of Collegium Humanum has already been awarded to: prof. Vaclav Klaus – President of the Czech Republic between 2003-2013 and prof. Andrzej Kraśnicki, dr. h.c. President of the Polish Olympic Committee.