Meeting of Collegium Humanum athletes with the President of the Polish Olympic Committee
On 23 February, we held a meeting of Collegium Humanum athletes with the President of the Polish Olympic Committee, prof. h.c., dr h.c. Andrzej Kraśnicki, and HM Provost of Collegium Humanum, prof. dr hab. Paweł Czarnecki, MBA, dr h.c., Honorary Consul of the Republic of Uzbekistan in Poland. The event took place in the Olympic Centre of Saint John Paul II.
During the gala, the following athletes representing the community of Collegium Humanum were presented with awards:
- Patrycja Lewandowska and Martyna Juszczyk, both participating in equitation competitions,
- Magdalena Gańko practising motor sports,
- Wiktoria Lewandowska, a volleyball player,
- Szymon Szczepanik, a swimmer and double bronze medallist in the Academic Championships of the Podkarpackie Voivodeship,
- Jerzy Pachut, a mountain runner and gold medallist of the Mountain Running League,
- Aleksander Szczerbaty, an aerobics practitioner and bronze medallist in the Polish Academic Championships,
- Jan Zakrzewski, a fencer and silver medallist in the Polish Championships.
Those athletes who have won national, continental or world championship titles were awarded, among others, with educational vouchers and will be thus exempt from their tuition fees. Thanks to this initiative, they will be able to devote more resources to their training and preparation while continuing with their higher education.
This group included the following persons:
- Szymon Czartoryski, a fencer and gold medallist of the Polish Youth, Junior and Youth Fencing Championships,
- Anita Chudy, Polish Champion and Provincial Champion in Wielkopolska Table Tennis Competitions,
- Klaudia Magrem, Polish Junior Champion and Polish Youth Fencing Champion, the fifth competitor in the World Junior Championships and the fifth competitor in the European Junior Championships,
- Dominika Kulaga, a swimmer and three-time gold medallist in the Polish Academic Championships, two-time gold and silver medallist in the European Academic Games,
- Martyna Kierczyńska, World Champion in K-1, gold medallist in the Muaythai World Championships.
The meeting was also attended by some eminent figures: Mr Bartosz Rybak, Plenipotentiary of the Minister of Education and Science, Mr Apoloniusz Tajner, Vice President of the Polish Olympic Committee and former President of the Polish Ski Association, Ms Iwona Łotysz, Deputy Secretary General of the Polish Olympic Committee and two-time Olympic Medallist, Ms Luiza Złotkowska, a speed skater.
Congratulations to all our great athletes and we wish them further success!